Dr. Ron Williams
The Educational Services Division (ESD) provides system wide leadership for a unified approach to the development and implementation of rigorous curriculum, programs, assessments, instructional resources, and prepares all students to learn without limits and to meet or exceed local, state, and federal assessment requirements.
ESD is comprised of the Student Services Department, Special Education Department, Regional Occupational Program Department, and Information Technology Department. ESD identifies research-based scientific practices and program models to ensure students are engaged with the most rigorous content available. ESD also plans, directs, develops, and coordinates extended day and extended year programs.
Major responsibilities of the office include:
- Revise the curriculum to ensure alignment with California State Standards/Common Core Standards and outcomes
- Create formative assessment tools to monitor student progress
- Develop reading, numeracy, and intervention programs for identified students based on local and state assessments
- Provide direct support to schools to facilitate effective implementation of curriculum, assessments, and instructional programs
- Provide the leadership for the implementation of standards-based teaching and learning programs
- Support the design and delivery of professional development that ensures fidelity of curriculum implementation across all schools
- Refine instructional programs that meet the needs of diverse learners, including students with disabilities, those who are highly able, English language learners, and students who are at risk of underachievement because of poverty
- Maintain formal links with all central offices and departments to ensure consistent delivery of curriculum and instructional programs
- Facilitate communication with employee organizations, parents, community groups, and institutions of higher education regarding curriculum, instruction, and assessment
Learn more about the California Standardized Testing and Reporting (STAR) program and view real questions released from actual tests.
Educational Services Staff