WorkAbility I Program
What is WorkAbility?
WorkAbility I is a training program for special education students ages 14 to 22. It is designed to promote career awareness and exploration while students complete their secondary education program. WorkAbility I also provides students with opportunities for job shadowing, paid and non-paid work experience, and on going support and guidance from vocational personnel. WorkAbility I is administered by the California Department of Education, Special Education Department.
- Screened Students
- Worker's Interests/Skills matched to employers needs
- On-going employee support services
- Low risk, no-cost job training
- Trained employees ready to work
- Career exploration
- Work experience
- Support systems in making career decisions
- Interagency collaboration
- Student must be on an active Individualized Education Plan (I.E.P.)
- Have a copy of their social security card*
- Photo Identification
To request a WorkAbility I application, please see your case carrier/teacher. Return the application back to them or you may submit it to the ROP office, building 9 at the District Office.
* If you do not have a copy of your Social Security Card, you can get an application online at: www.socialsecurity.gov